The Facebook

Saturday, July 31, 2010

A-Team

I'm gonna change gears a little bit. First I reviewed a 20 year old movie, then a 25 year old one. Now I'm going to something still in theaters. A movie by all counts is being ripped apart by so called "critics". What kills me is the fact that most critics probably watched the TV show as children or young teens and probably loved every second of it. What I don't get is how any person could turn their back on what, in my mind, was a really good flick. It was everything it was suppose to be. Action packed (sometimes ridiculous), sexy, funny, campy, and patriotic. I must admit, before the opening credits were done rolling, I had a smile from ear to ear. 8 minutes in, and I was an 8 year old again, rolling my black toy van through the living room, letting my imagination do the writing. Sure, the action scenes were ridiculous, but isn't that what we Americans thirst for? (Retorical question) Of course it is, Why do you think all the summer blockbusters are action movies, or superhero movies? Whether they are shit or not, It's what I want, and I'm pretty sure it's what you all want as well.  I say BRAVO to the A-Team for putting it all out there, saying screw it, Lets blow up a plane, and start free falling in a tank. To that, I say, Hell Yeah!! Biggest surprise of the movie for me was the quite good acting job by Quentin "Rampage" Jackson. I feel the relationship between B.A. and Murdoch was the most entertaining dialogue of the entire film. Not to mention, the film long gag of B.A.'s  fear of flying with Murdoch. That shit was classic. Some jokes can get old. That one did not. It was an outstanding movie that did everything right. It was a good screen adaption of a TV show, which doesn't happen very often. I'm already waiting on a sequel. Are you?


A-Team gets a no brainer rating of Awesome...... It does have a good chance of promotion after I watch it a few more times


Buy your copy soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment