The Facebook

Friday, November 16, 2012

The Muppets

I was never really a Muppet fan. I guess I was the wrong generation. Anyhow, I do appreciate Jason Segal and what he brings to Hollywood. Since he shared the writing credit with a deceased Jim Henson, I figured it was all him, and I could get behind that. I was still hesitant that I would be bored out of my mind, but the story was so good, and though I don't usually dig films laced with musical numbers, none of these songs disappointed. In fact, one song, gets stuck in my head on a weekly basis. Segal put together a great plot for The Muppets to return some 20+ years later, and it worked inner generationally. I have now watched it 4 times and it has those scenes I really look forward to. That makes any movie good. It follows Gary (Segal) and his brother, Walter (who is a Muppet) and there quest to find there place in this world. When the Muppets are about to lose the rights to their title and their studio to oil barren Tex Richman (Chris Cooper), Walter puts in place a plan to save the day. A Muppets TV telethon to raise the funds necessary. It is brilliant and hilarious. There is not much else to say about this except everyone should watch it. Adults and kids will enjoy it. Lastly, "If I am a Muppet, then I am a very manly Muppet, but if I am a Man, I am a Muppet of a Man." Maniacal Laugh!!!!

NBM rates The Muppets - Phenomenal

No comments:

Post a Comment